Friday 9 January 2015

Looking for Alaska, yay or nay?


Hello everyone! A few months ago, my friend bought Looking for Alaska, but as she grew deeper and deeper into the novel, she found herself disliking it. She ended up giving up on the book as soon as it became After and gave the book to me, saying "I don't want to have it anymore, you can have it." I took the book, wondering why it was she hated it, and read it. I really enjoyed the story. The characters were different to what I usually read, they discussed life matters. Why didn't she love it? When I told her how much I enjoyed the book, she gave me a weird look. She told me she didn't like all the references to drugs and alcohol, their point of view on life. Then I asked one of my other friends, who hadn't read the book, and she said her friend hated it too! Apparently, I'm the only one I know who actually enjoyed the book, not for the drug and alcohol references, but the pranks, and wanting to see how each character turned out.

I want to know what all you other bookworms think of this story, yay or nay? Why?  Am I the only one who actually enjoyed the story or not?

The Bookworm! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment