Wednesday 6 May 2015

Spark by Rachael Craw

TITLE: Spark
AUTHOR: Rachael Craw
FIRST PUBLISHED: 1st July 2014
PAGES: 464 (paper back)
RATING: 5/5
READ IF YOU LIKED:
- Divergent
- Vampire Academy
- Pretty Little Liars
- Imposter
- The Hunger Games


________________________
Evie doesn’t have a choice.

One day she’s an ordinary seventeen year old, grieving for her mother. The next, she’s a Shield, the result of a decades-old experiment gone wrong, bound by DNA to defend her best friend from an unknown killer.

The threat could come at home, at school, anywhere. All Evie knows is that it will be a fight to the death.

And then there’s Jamie. irresistible. off-limits. --Goodreads description

______________________

If you have read my blog before, you will be aware for my love of the series, Divergent. I never thought I would find a better book, but alas, I have! In fact, when my best friend asked for a way to describe my feelings for this books, all I could get out was "I don't even know where to start -  there are no words for such a feeling!" You may find it hard to believe, seeing that Spark is Rachael Craw's debut novel, but it is quite possibly the best book I have EVER read! Spark tells a thrilling tale through the eyes of 17 year old, Evangeline. Living with her aunt, and still grieving the passing of her mother, Evangeline goes through some life changing transformations, including superhero strength, model-worthy height and looks, and an invisible cord tugging her towards the next victim, giving her a mother-hen instinct on the victim's every move to protect them from danger.

It's wonderful to finally find such a brilliant book in modern day. There are so many Young Adult novels being released these days, which I adore, but are set far ahead in the future. This is set in today's day and age, and therefore making it feel like it's possible that you could be Evangeline! Not to mention that she has awesome friends and has the best come backs ever! "Is there a name for your problem?" 

And finally the love interest - Jamie - who in my opinion is the best bloke out of all of the book boyfriends I have ever laid eyes on. The speech and conversations are perfect and realistic between the two (which makes it 10 times easier to imaging that I'm actually Evangeline speaking to  gorgeous Jamie)!

This book is better than Divergent. Better than the Hunger Games. Better than the creations of books themselves! (which could get complicated ... because without the marvellous invention, would Spark even exist?!) I couldn't recommend a book anymore to anyone at all! This book is bæ, this book is life! This book deserves to be bought!

Happy reading,
The Bookworm :)

2 comments: